This is the second forum the CLAA has hosted for families and students. The first forum was in operation from June 2009 until December 2011. In two years there over 40,000 posts. Users referred to good posts as "gems" not because they were shining brightly, but because they were buried like diamonds deep in the earth. 90% of the valuable information was inaccessible and the point of a forum--to allow questions to be answered ONCE for all to see--was not being fulfilled.
This forum is our attempt to build a better and more powerful forum for CLAA families--and it will be managed very differently from the last forum. Here are some of the most important characteristics:
1. All CLAA families will have access to academic content only. Non-academic discussions are a subscription service open only to approved families. A number of different subscription services will be available here on the forum.
2. All users must use their full name are their user name. We're adults and the new forum will expect more mature participation. My user name is William Michael, not bungeejumper63987. Just use your name...you don't need a secret code.
3. You are expected to participate in a way that will be helpful to others--that's the Golden Rule. Therefore, if you post a question, title the question as other posts are titled so that it can be easily found by other users. For example, if you have a question about Lesson 17, Quiz 4 in Classical Grammar IA, go to the Classical Grammar IA board, and title your post: "Lesson 17 Quiz 4 Question". That becomes useful. Don't title it, "please help quiz problem
???" That's useless. This is a public forum.
4. All posts will be moderated. Titles will be cleaned up and unhelpful posts will be deleted. Off-topic discussions are getting deleted. The standard user boards are academic and relate to matters of student progress. We're not creating an online controversy center here. Get back to work.
5. This forum is linked to articles and blogs right here on CLAANET.com. It will become a treasure-house of info and resources with time and we'll be working to keep it all organized and easy-to-use.
6. This forum will be the central place for my writings and those of my wife.